Monday, 8 July 2013

St. Georges Hospital - Part 2

We were to return to St. Georges 8 weeks later for another scan.  This time they were checking for signs of a progressive neurological disorder that is not detected from the amnio and can usually be identified at 28 weeks gestation by the baby's position and movements.  I'm not entirely sure of all the facts but I do know they were looking whether the baby's hands were clenched or not.  I of course, saw the baby's hands were clenched but the consultant soon told us the hands and muscle tone in all the limbs appeared normal.  We are still looking at a case of "isolated" talipes.  Perhaps I don't know as much about these medical things as I thought!!!!!

We left the hospital that day with a spring in our step.  The baby's growth seemed to be going well and all the results were in our favour.  Could I possibly trust the professionals and enjoy the rest of my pregnancy without a worry?

No........


No comments:

Post a Comment